NORTH OF ENGLAND
The north of England is served by no less than 27 clay pigeon shooting ranges, so you have a lot of choice if you live in or are visiting the north of England.
- In the heart of County Durham, and surrounded by amazing scenery, you’ll find the North East’s Ferryhill clay shooting venue where you’ll be in the safe hands of professional clay shooting coaches who guarantee to have you smashing clays even if this is your first time. A huge variety of targets offer something for every skill level.
- If you go clay pigeon shooting in Thirsk you will be tapping into over forty years of experience and that shows when you take part in the variety of clay target packages available. Catering for shooters as young as 10years old with no upper age limit, this shooting ground also welcomes stag and hen parties together with corporate groups.
- Billingham Clay Pigeon Shooting Center provides the highest quality shooting experience which is affordable and accessible for any age, gender or ability from complete novice through to experienced shots within the Tees Valley area. Clay target activity provides people with the opportunity to participate in an Olympic sport that increase self confidence as well as learning new skills, socialise and make new friends.
- Witton Gilbert clay shooting venue is in a beautiful country setting where you’ll receive expert tuition for novices and advanced shooters alike. It is a day in the country that you’ll remember for a long time. All our clay targets are interesting, challenging, achievable, realistic and exciting. Novices to Olympic standard shooters – something for every level and a warm welcome to all.
- Whether you’re a total beginner or a competent shooter our Hexham Clay Pigeon experience is exciting for everyone that comes along. Offering one on one tuition followed by the safety briefing and how to correctly hold, aim and fire the shot gun in a safe, competent manner. Suitable for ages 12 years and over the launches give high and low birds travelling towards and away giving you plenty of choice and challenges throughout your session.
- Located in picturesque Knaresborough in North Yorkshire, just 4 miles from Harrogate and 5 miles from the A1, this is a well-established and dedicated clay pigeon shooting ground. As well as offering excellent facilities for established shooters, we also offer shooting lessons for those new to the sport. Our instructors have many years of experience and can get you breaking clays after a short period of instruction.
- Located in the beautiful Vale of York, our Rufforth clay shooting venue is a well-established shooting range with an excellent reputation. With professional, expert tuition and packages to suit anyone from the age of 14years. An all-year-round venue with all-weather covers, Rufforth clay pigeon shooting venue has state of the art equipment to make your clay shooting experience as exciting and achievable as possible.
- The clay pigeon shooting club located in Otley, Nr. Leeds was established over 40 years ago and provides a clay shooting venue that overlooks some of Yorkshire’s finest scenery. Facilities are for English Sporting clay shooting and whether you are an experienced shot or just a curious beginner you will feel at home at this friendly well-equipped ground. Qualified coaches for individuals, private parties, team building days, stag parties’ fun days and corporate events are all catered for.
- Warrington clay pigeon shooting club has covered acoustic shelters to protect you from all weathers whilst enjoying this popular leisure sport. We have sporting layouts and simulated game launches to make your clay pigeon shooting experience as exciting as possible. The ground is fully DDA compliant and caters for all abilities. Gravel pathways means that you don’t have to worry about the wellies. We also a 100ft tower to test everybody on those tricky high birds.
- Our Eccles shooting grounds are located in the picturesque settings of Botany Bay Woods and cover 400 acres. We have a wide variety of stands catering for beginners to expert shooters. We also have various high towers ranging up to 105ft, which allow us to launch our clays much higher in the sky for a more challenging shoot. We pride ourselves on using the latest equipment and have fully automatic traps. From age 10years.
- At our Chester clay shooting ground all of our instructors are experienced at teaching beginners and with their one-on-one coaching, encouragement and expertise, even the most nervous first timer will be breaking clays by the end of the session. Each participant gets to shoot a variety of clay targets coming at a variety of different angles and speeds. For group events, such as stag parties, hen dos and corporate groups, a bit of practice is followed by a friendly competition where teams can earn themselves points and individuals can compete for the days ‘Top Shot Award’.
- Blackpool, is better known for its seaside attractions can also boast an excellent clay pigeon shooting venue and has been serving the clay pigeon shooting community since 2000. Popular for corporate days out, stag and hen events, birthdays & regular shooters. Whether you’re a beginner or pro, our team of friendly staff are here to help ensure that you have an enjoyable & memorable day. Blackpool clay shooting for the win.
- Skipton clay shooting venue is a CPSA Premier Plus ranked ground making it one of the best in the UK. Lesson’s are tailored to the ability of every individual with a dedicated instructor ensuring you have a sound grounding in both the working of a gun and shooting skills. Whether you would like to join us for an individual lesson or with friends and family, a warm welcome is guaranteed. Surrounded by miles of glorious North Yorkshire countryside, this shooting range offers an experience which is second to none.
- Colne has one of the best English Sporting clay shooting facilities in the North of England with 50 fully automatic traps, which are spread over a scenic 70 acre layout including lakes, flight ponds, moor-land, forest and rhododendron cover, which house 34 sporting stands. All the paths are laid to gravel meaning the lightest of footwear may be worn on the wettest of days! Stands include-hides, lowered platforms & raised platforms & 9 towers ranging from 12ft-80ft provide quality targets.
- Located in Kendal, this clay shooting venue can offer two simple disciplines of down the line shooting and a slow incoming clay. Then depending on your confidence we can then move onto a springing teal or settling duck simulation. Each shooter will have 1 on 1 tuition with our experienced instructors explaining all you need to know on gun-handling safety and eye domination A clay shooting experience against a beautiful back drop of Cumbrian Mountains and fell side makes it a very special experience.
- Our Crewe clay shooting school offers English Sporting, Down The Line/DTL and Sport-trap to all shooters. With a variety of targets we cater for all abilities. All our stands/ranges are undercover to ensure that the bad weather will not ruin your day. We welcome small groups, individuals and those celebrating special occasions like a stag weekend or hen do activity. Catering for those as young as 10years in a beautiful country setting
- At our Dinnington clay shooting range, we offer a range of different shooting disciplines so we can accommodate shooting in groups or as a solo shooter with the use of voice activation or time delayed release depending on the discipline. So be it shooting with friends or some quiet practice on your own we will look after you. This is only ground in the area to offer Olympic Trap shooting using the first Olympic Trap layout that Promatic installed in the UK. Our sporting consists of 5 shooting stands and 8 different targets that vary in angle, speed and difficulty. We also have two game simulation stands available. Inexperienced or experienced shooters welcome from age 12 years.
- Our Brandesburton Shooting Ground provides the largest clay shooting range in the north of England, equipped with 100 of the latest clay pigeon traps and release equipment. You can choose from 20 layouts, with 100 automatic traps means no matter if you’re novice or expert you can find something to test and hone your skill. No previous experience is necessary. Our lessons include everything you will need to have a go. To make your experience even more exciting we have a 75 foot High Tower, 100 ft cherry picker, driven grouse practice and team flush layouts, 3 skeet Layouts, down the line ball trap layouts and 16 sporting Layouts.
- Our Scarborough clay shooting venue is set in the beautiful Yorkshire Wolds. Opened in July 1989, the 55 acre ground offers facilities for shooters of all standards. Located within easy distance of Scarborough, it’s ideally situated for easy access from the east coast. The natural contours of the land lend itself superbly to the sporting gun and our visitors can take full advantage of this excellent shooting environment. Catering for individuals and groups the youngest age is 12years and there is not upper age limit.
- Our Felton clay shooting range is a family run business which has been established since 1980. We are one of a handful of Clay Shooting Grounds to be awarded Premier Plus status by the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association (CPSA) the sport’s governing body. Hosts to many major shooting competition such as The World DTL Championship, European Championship, British & English Championships. All the members of our team are keen shooters who have years of knowledge in the shooting World so you can expect a very special clay pigeon shooting experience when choose the Felton clay shooting venue.
- Taking on a 25 clay shoot at our Gateshead clay pigeon shooting range is the perfect way to experience clay pigeon shooting for the first time and push your shooting skills to the next level. You will begin with a full safety briefing with one of our expert instructors, who will then teach you the basic shooting techniques including gun familiarisation, master eye check and stance. Now it’s time to put into practice all that you have learned. The ideal package for some healthy competitive fun!
- Whether you’re a seasoned shooter looking to test your skills, or want to try your hand (and aim) for the very first time, our team of expert instructors are here to give you the best clay pigeon shooting experience. Our Matfen clay pigeon shooting range is perfect if you want to try something out-of-the-ordinary on your next stag party or hen weekend – or want an adventurous day out with friends or family. Lower age limit is 14 years and no upper age limit.
- Hitting a moving target is the ultimate challenge in any shooting sport and at our Oakmere laser clay pigeon shooting venue we give you a modified shotgun that fires laser light and not a traditional shotgun, but it will still blast the clays out of the sky. Take it is turns to shoot down the flying clay pigeon while the computer keeps record of your score. This activity requires split second decision making, the clays move fast and you only have two shots per round, use them wisely.
- Laser Clay Shooting is very much like a traditional clay pigeon shoot, but with laser beams. Its 50% Lord of the Manor and 50% Star Wars but 100% fun! Clays are fired into the air and your job is to hit them to score points. Fantastic for large groups and can be used in a team format. At our Peckforton laser clay venue you’ll find you are a crack shot before you know it. Minimum age is 12 years.
- Get in touch with the great outdoors at our Beverley clay pigeon shooting venue located deep within the picturesque landscapes of the East Yorkshire countryside, but an easy drive from Hull. No previous experience is required and you’ll be supplied with everything that you need to take part in your clay pigeon shooting experience. Covered Layouts / Stands so no matter what the weather the shooting goes ahead and you stay dry. Toilets and car parking spaces are available for visitors on-site.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting in the Lake District at our Penrith clay pigeon shooting site is a great experience for everyone, from beginners to competent shots and for any occasions. For those that have never tried clay shooting, our SCTA/CPSA qualified instructors will introduce you to gun handling skills, the concept of shooting and hitting clays. For the more experienced shots, we will look to create an exciting simulated game drive sending plenty of targets over testing your ability. Guns, cartridges, safety equipment, insurance and tuition, (for those that need it) all provided.