the UK and Ireland Biggest Clay Pigeon Shooting Network, 162 Venues
With 162 venues across the UK and Ireland The Big Shoot is the first port of call for anybody looking to experience the rush of blowing clay pigeons out of the sky. Since starting out in 1998 our network has grown to cover all areas of the country, making us the UK and Ireland's largest network of clay pigeon shooting venues.
We provide an unbeatable selection of packages to suit both first time and experienced shooters alike, and at many of our venues you'll even find children's clay shooting experiences - which means there's no excuse not to try clay pigeon shooting! So whether you've got an itchy trigger finger, or just want to experience the fun of this classic target sport, we've got the perfect package for you.
Don't just take our word for it though, our reputation is built on thousands of glowing customer reviews. So don't delay any longer, find your nearest clay shooting venue and book with us today.
Checking Availability & Booking
Booking couldn't be easier, you can book online securely by selecting your desired location and checking the availability, or alternatively you can speak to one of our sales team who will be happy to help you complete your booking over the phone. To speak to one of our team please call us on .
Alternatively you can email us or request a call back from one of our sales team by clicking the buttons below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why choose to book Clay Shooting with us?
- We are the best in the business. We have countless years of experience in the activity industry, in particular with Clay Shooting, aiming to bring you the best possible experience.
- How do I go about contacting Big Shoot?
- Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any enquiries. visit our contact page where you can email us directly, request a call back or find our telephone number and address.
- How do I book an event with Big Shoot?
- Booking with us has never been simpler. Just browse our website and find the right venue for you and then follow our secure online booking process to get your booking secured. Alternatively, you can give a call to our Big Shoot booking advisers who will be more than happy to assist you with your booking. Click here to go to our contact page.
- How can I organise a group booking?
- Our quotes are interactive so you are able to invite your group members through the quote and then they can book and pay separately as and when they are ready. They can also view all the details of the event, saving the organiser a lot of work. Alternatively, you can get in touch via our contact page.
- Can I order gift vouchers for Clay Shooting?
- Absolutely. We have an excellent range of gift vouchers for you to choose from that will ensure your friend enjoys an exhilarating day of action. We offer Gift Vouchers in £25, £50, £100 denominations which are redeemable for up to 12 months, just click here.
- Will adverse weather conditions affect the booking?
- Only in the most extreme conditions where we deem it would harm your safety or spoil your experience would we ever consider cancelling a booking. Adverse weather conditions are bound to occur but no matter the weather we’ll strive to provide you with the best experience possible.
- What is Clay Pigeon shooting?
- Clay Pigeon shooting, formally known as inanimate bird shooting, is an outdoor activity that involves shooting at flying objects which replicate the flight of a bird.
- Do I need to possess a gun license in order to shoot?
- No you don't. Our facilities have an exemption that allows us to offer Clay Pigeon shooting to everyone no matter their experience. You are only disqualified from shooting if you possess a firearm ban from a custodial sentence or are perceived to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs when you arrive at the venue.
- What’s the minimum age for Clay Shooting?
- We pride ourselves on safety so that anyone, no matter what age, is safe with our Clay Shooting experts. There is, however, age restrictions in place with most venues having an age limit of 11, although this can differ from venue to venue so check before booking.
- Is it loud?
- The guns noise output is dependent on the size of the ammunition used. The majority of our venues will offer sub-sonic cartridges which aim to minimise noise levels for you too. Our venues will also provide you with compulsory ear plugs or ear protectors to soften the gunfire.
- Will I receive instructions?
- Full instruction and all equipment is included in your package so our qualified instructors will be teaching you throughout the whole process.
- I'm an experienced shooter, why do I need an instructor?
- If you're an experienced/confident shooter just looking to enjoy a clay shooting experience then this isn't a problem. Our instructor will be with you throughout as a safety procedure but they will certainly take a step back and not run you back through the basics. They'll only be there to offer you expert tips and tricks you may not have caught before and to provide you with any assistance if needed.
- When can I do Clay Shooting?
- Clay Shooting can be done weekdays or weekends but this does depend on availability, so we would advise to book ASAP to get your session time confirmed.
- Is there a clay shooting venue near me?
- With 162 clay shooting locations to chose from across the UK and Ireland, chances are one of our venues will only be a short distance from where you are or where your looking to go. Click here for a list of venues and find the perfect location for you.
Our booking office is open to take your enquiries and bookings between the following hours: 10am to 4pm
- Monday 10:00am 4:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am 4:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am 4:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am 4:00pm
- Friday 10:00am 4:00pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
Calls to 0800 numbers are free from mobile and landlines.
Go Ballistic Ltd, 15th Floor (North), Arena Point, Merrion Way, Leeds, LS2 8PA